These little gobblers are as delicious as they are adorable! The kiddos will enjoy helping make these tasty treats that will liven up the kids’ table this holiday.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
chocolate-covered cookies (Keebler Grasshopper cookies)
large pretzel rods
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Arrange cookies on the waxed paper so that each individual turkey will not touch once assembled.
- Cut and reserve the orange portion from a few pieces of the candy corn and trim to cut into triangle for the beak, set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate chips in microwave. Heat in short increments, stirring frequently until melted completely.
- Using melted chocolate, adhere candy corn onto the cookie in a fan-shaped pattern, leaving room to place the pretzel rod.
- Dip half of the pretzel rod in chocolate, twist to coat completely, tap to remove excess. Place the rod in the center of the cookie, on top of the ends of the candy corn. Using the back of a spoon or a fork, gently tap the chocolate on the pretzel to give it a textured appearance. 7. Adhere the candy eyes and the beak to the pretzel rod – using more melted chocolate if the chocolate on the rod has already hardened.
- If chocolate is not set, place in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes, remove and serve!